George & Willy Fire Starter
Inspired by Alaskan whalers from the 18th century, the Fire Starter provides a revolutionary way to light your fire without kindling or newspaper.
The porous ceramic stone absorbs lamp oil in the steel vessel. Once lit, it produces a generous flame for 15-20 minutes, allowing large logs to catch fire.
Comes with a fixed hook-handle & ring for both open and closed fires. Constructed from blackened and waxed steel and ceramic stone.
- Quick and easy
- 100% success rate
- Economical alternative to kindling
- No preparation needed
Instructions: Play instructional video here
- Allow firestone to soak in oil for 30 minutes
- Remove from vessel and lightly roll in ashes of fireplace
- Rest firestone in fireplace and ignite with match
- Cover with seasoned firewood
- Remover firestone after 15-20 minutes when firewood has ignited
- Allow firestone to cool on hearth
- Once cooled return to vessel until next use
Lamp oil not included with the firestarter.
- Pot: 170mm (height) x 100mm x 100mm
- Handle: 400mm long
AVAILABLE IN NZ & AUS ONLY