The 1642 Large Scented Candle by Maison Balzac is an ode to the florals in Adriaen Van Utrecht's 1642 painting entitled 'Vanitas - Still Life with Bouquet & Skull'. A rich duality of violet and blackberry notes intermingle and linger over a deep and earthy bed of cedarwood. In collaboration with artist Dr Lisa Cooper, this candle acts as an inquiry into the olfactory experience of viewing the image through alternative senses.
Material: Soy & coconut wax blend with a cotton wick, glass vessel
Size: 8.3cmø x 9.7cmh | 300g | 70 hour burn time
Care: When lighting for the first time, ensure it is alight long enough for an even wax pool to develop to the edge of the vessel. The first burn is most important as it sets the burn memory. Trim the wick to 5mm before each use.
Hand-poured in Sydney, Australia
We ship within New Zealand and Australia
Delivery / NZ:
- Standard Shipping
- North Island - Urban Delivery - $6
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - $10
- South Island Delivery - $12
- Oversized Items
- North Island - Urban Delivery - from $10
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - from $15
- South Island Delivery - from $20
Delivery / AUSTRALIA
- Standard Shipping - $20
- Oversized Items - from $40
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.