An outstanding collection of Alfred, Lord Tennyson's most-loved poems.
Tennyson was one of the true great Victorian poets - much of his work is known worldwide: 'Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die', 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all', 'No man ever got very high by pulling other people down... Don't knock your friends. Don't knock your enemies. Don't knock yourself'.
His genius is expressed through the precision and delicacy of the language of his lyrical poems. Some of his words were engraved in the 2012 Olympic village and his early poetry was a major influence on and inspiration for the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. Tennyson was the Poet Laureate of Great Britain & Ireland during much of Queen Victoria's reign of the monarchy and to this day, he remains one of Britain's most popular poets.
Size: 13cm x 20cm | 103 pages | Paperback
We ship within New Zealand and Australia
Delivery / NZ:
- Standard Shipping
- North Island - Urban Delivery - $6
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - $10
- South Island Delivery - $12
- Oversized Items
- North Island - Urban Delivery - from $10
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - from $15
- South Island Delivery - from $20
Delivery / AUSTRALIA
- Standard Shipping - $20
- Oversized Items - from $40
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.