In this book from the critically acclaimed Little People, Big Dreams series, meet Iris Apfel, the vivacious (and accidental) fashion icon.
Growing up in Queens, New York, little Iris was the only child at family events. Her grandmother would open a giant bag of fabric, filled with every colour and pattern, and let her play with fabric scraps. This inspired a lifelong love of fashion. Famous for her eclectic style, built around oversized glasses, bright colours, and bold jewellery, Iris was the subject of an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art when she was just 84 years young. This inspiring book features stylish and quirky illustrations and extra facts at the back, including a biographical timeline with historical photos and a detailed profile of the “geriatric starlet’s” life.
Little People, Big Dreams is a best-selling series of books and educational games that explore the lives of outstanding people, from designers and artists to scientists and activists. All of them achieved incredible things, yet each began life as a child with a dream.
By Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara and illustrated by Kristen Barnhart.
Size: 20cm x 25cm / 32 pages / Hardcover
AVAILABLE IN NZ & AUS ONLY
- NZ | $6 flat rate shipping within NZ urban areas. $10 flat rate shipping within NZ rural areas. (allow for shipping delays)
- AUS | $15 flat rate for all orders shipping to Australia
- INT | see link below
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.