Meet Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s first Black president and his fight for equality.
Little Nelson’s given name was Rolihlahla, which means ‘troublemaker’ in Xhosa, his native language. But his rebellious nature would lead him to become one of the world’s most inspirational civil right’s leaders and anti-apartheid revolutionaries. Despite the many years of imprisonment and adversity he faced, Nelson remained victorious and was voted to become South Africa’s first Black president. This inspiring book features stylish and quirky illustrations and extra facts at the back, including a biographical timeline with historical photos and a detailed profile of the activist, turned president’s life.
Little People, Big Dreams is a best-selling series of books and educational games that explore the lives of outstanding people, from designers and artists to scientists and activists. All of them achieved incredible things, yet each began life as a child with a dream.
By Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara and illustrated by Alison Hawkins
20cm x 25cm | 32 pages | Hardcover
Available in NZ & Aus only
Delivery / NZ:
- Standard Shipping
- North Island - Urban Delivery - $6
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - $10
- South Island Delivery - $12
- Oversized Items
- North Island - Urban Delivery - from $10
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - from $15
- South Island Delivery - from $20
Delivery / AUS & INTERNATIONAL
- Standard Shipping - $20
- Oversized Items - from $40
- INT | see link below
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.