Vintage style pruning garden scissors with a carbon steel blade.
Carbon steel is harder than stainless steel and will hold its edge longer before needing to be sharpened. It does require a bit of care and attention. Always remember to KEEP YOUR SHEARS DRY after use, as carbon steel will rust when it remains wet. It is also natural for carbon steel to develop a patina over time. Run a towel over the knife between uses and store in a dry place.
Size: 19cm long
Made in Spain by Pallares Solsona
Care: Carbon steel makes a harder and stronger cutting blade than stainless steel, it is also easier to sharpen. In return for its performance carbon steel will need a little bit of love and care, as it will tend to oxidise if not well maintained.
- to avoid rusting, it is recommended that carbon steel blades are kept oiled.
- do not soak it in water and never place it in the dishwasher.
- to clean, wipe the blade with a damp cloth and dry immediately.
If your carbon steel blade is beginning to rust, use a scouring pad and acid, such as vinegar and gently rub it on the affected area. After the rust has been removed, dry the blade, re-sharpen and oil to prevent future rusting.
Delivery / NZ:
- Standard Shipping
- North Island - Urban Delivery - $6
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - $10
- South Island Delivery - $12
- Oversized Items
- North Island - Urban Delivery - from $10
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - from $15
- South Island Delivery - from $20
Delivery / AUS & INTERNATIONAL
- Standard Shipping - $20
- Oversized Items - from $40
- INT | see link below
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.