Slow Escapes: Rural Retreats for Conscious Travellers by Clara Le Fort & Gestalten
A thoughtful guide to a new kind of travel, Slow Escapes explores hotels, guesthouses, and hospitality venues that reinvigorate rural areas by fostering meaningful connections between people and place. Drawing upon principles of the slow movement, these places embrace ideas of community, sustainability, and seasonality, and are involved in preserving heritage, culture, and tradition.
From an 18th-century sheep farm reimagined as a guest house in the far north of Iceland to a new-age Finca in the heart of Andalusia; from a homestead-turned-farm-and-fermentory in the Catskills to the Fogo Island Inn, a social enterprise and hotel set on an island off an island in the North Atlantic; read the stories behind the places that are changing the way we vacation—for the better.
Size: 22.5cm x 29cm | 288 pages | Hardcover
Available in NZ & Aus only
Delivery / NZ:
- Standard Shipping
- North Island - Urban Delivery - $6
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - $10
- South Island Delivery - $12
- Oversized Items
- North Island - Urban Delivery - from $10
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - from $15
- South Island Delivery - from $20
Delivery / AUS & INTERNATIONAL
- Standard Shipping - $20
- Oversized Items - from $40
- INT | see link below
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.