The long dog days of a tiring summer are no time to be a cook. A few charred sardines are of course a wonderful thing, but there the grill sits, pouring out heat into the already-hot kitchen; anyone with any sense who wants charred sardines is somewhere close to the seaside.... It is a time when you might, if you weren’t so hot, wonder what it means to cook at all. Is there cooking without fire...?
We understand that when we say something is cooked, we mean it has been heated; but we also understand that a cook does much more than just cooking. The chopping, the beating, the marinating, the dressing ... What cooks do is best defined not by the word 'cooking', but by the idea of metamorphosis. Cooks transform ingredients.
Through recipes and meanderings, award-winning food writer Thom Eagle explores what it means to create dishes without a reliance on fire and flame, and offers a unique and tantalising glimpse inside the mind of a chef.
Hardcover / 224 pages
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE IN NZ & AUS ONLY
- NZ | $6 flat rate shipping within NZ urban areas. $10 flat rate shipping within NZ rural areas. (allow for shipping delays)
- AUS | $15 flat rate for all orders shipping to Australia
- INT | see link below
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.