A superb collection from Scotland's finest lyrical poet
'Oh would some power the gift give us, to see ourselves as others see us!' Robert Burns.
Robert Burns, poet and lyricist, also known as Rabbie Burns, is widely regarded as the National Poet of Scotland - and much of his work has become part of the everyday modern language: 'The best-laid schemes o' mice and men...', 'To see her is to love her...'
Often credited with writing the lyrics for Auld Lang Syne, he almost single-handedly inspired the movement that preserved Scottish music and lyrics which had been handed down the generations vocally for centuries, thereby maintaining Scots culture and language.
A cultural icon and pioneer of the Romantic movement, Burns was chosen as the greatest Scot in a 2009 poll. This collection includes some of his best-loved, most beautiful work.
'Now's the day, now's the hour'.
109 pages | Paperback
We ship within New Zealand and Australia
Delivery / NZ:
- Standard Shipping
- North Island - Urban Delivery - $6
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - $10
- South Island Delivery - $12
- Oversized Items
- North Island - Urban Delivery - from $10
- North Island - Rural Delivery / Waiheke Island - from $15
- South Island Delivery - from $20
Delivery / AUSTRALIA
- Standard Shipping - $20
- Oversized Items - from $40
If you are unhappy with your order in any way, it can be returned or exchanged provided that it was purchased at full price and is as new in saleable condition.
- A refund is available for returns within 7 days - full priced items only.
- A credit or exchange is available for returns within 14 days - full priced items only.
- All sale items are final sale. No returns or exchanges are available.
For full delivery and returns information click here.